Saturday, April 6, 2013

Noah and Kat

This is Noah, my brother. He helped a lot on the first leg of the ride by being in the front for most of the day blocking the wind! He got me into cycling three years ago when I visited him out in LA. He is a chapter leader for MoM Ridaz BC (Bicycle Club). Noah is very sociable. He had a rough childhood because he had a hard time learning in school and was diagnosed and misdiagnosed as having dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, and Aspergers. Unlike a lot of "slightly autistic" people, my brother is extremely sociable. You could almost say he is socializing master. He wakes up and immediately calls a friend or two. I don't know how he does it, but almost every second of his day is filled with friends and phone calls. I've never been like that. A lot of times when I wake up, I like having 30 minutes to an hour without my implant, just reading the paper in silence with a coffee. In many ways, I wish I could be more like him. He is riding with me to Baltimore and Philly, and then he has to go back to LA.

This is Kat, my brother's girlfriend. She rode yesterday as well. She likes to ride fixed gear bikes, and she makes my brother happy. I'm not sure, but I believe Kat and Noah has been my brother's longest relationship, they've been dating for about two years. So I'm glad she's here. You would have to meet her, but she's kind of like my brother in that she's very sociable and fun to be around. There is never a dull moment with those two.

UPDATE: Noah proposed to Kat at the Orioles game! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment