Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Dodgers, My CI Surgeon and Thinking Ahead


With Dr. Niparko before
the LA portion of the ride.

The Dodgers game today was great. Dodger Chris Capuano made a generous donation and said that he would help to get the word out. We also unexpectedly got interviewed by Yahoo Sports. Every time we get coverage it helps the ride get more momentum.

Dr. Niparko, the surgeon who implanted my CI, joined us for the 32-mile bike ride in LA! After the Dodgers game, he took my sister Sarah and I out for dinner. It was wonderful spending time with the man who had such a major impact on my life.

It's been a great few weeks for the ride. We made it through two hard stretches to Oakland and to San Diego. The next six days I have off are a time to rest and reflect.

Everyone is warning me about the hot weather in Arizona but I'm remaining optimistic. I'm going to buy a headlight in case we need to ride at night. Hopefully if we reverse out sleeping schedules we can still sleep indoors at hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment